My Fookin' Followers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shamed

if every little slimy thing
that walks on legs or soars on wing
and cries and calls and waits alone
would drop dead now i'd not bemoan
the lack of sound, the hole of life
that's left behind, the lack of strife
it would be nice to feel and be
without those bastards
stepping on me

they watch and wait, they find the bait
and dangle it before my searching eyes
they hold it out, catcall and shout
and draw me on with their lies
that they care and that they share
and keep me on the floor
i'd break my knee from courtesy
before i find the door

and when i snap that will be that
and lack a meaning at all
for if being me is just a pain
then all i want is surcease

if i am kind and sweet of mind and keep me from being rude
can't they see that it's for the good of all of us?
i try and be what i'd like to see, manners without crude
but when it's pushed into my face
that worthless is all i am
then all i want is the end of days
and be a solitary man

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fookin' "About Me" Section

My photo
Charleston, SC, United States
Call me "ish" I am returning to school to gain a degree and make a better life for myself and those I love. I feel that art, in all it's forms, reflects the human condition in ways that nothing else can.