My Fookin' Followers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Long Romance

"Long Romance"

If i could track it all back,
i'd do it right now,
but i don't know the when,
and i don't know the how,
of where it all began.

it's not that i have ever,
believed in "now or never",
but once and again,
i've felt the loss of heart,
not lack of courage,
but the suffering part,

and tho' i never gave up on it,
i have to wonder as i sit,
if there really is and end to now,
and will we be alone somehow,
without the call of distant sons,
within the arms of loving ones,

who speak to us of long romance,
of lives that come and go.
they wait for us in time and chance,
and we can't really know,

but when they come into our lives,
and wash away all the lies,
the loss, defeat, and fear,
they will fly from here,
and we'll be left,
with just us two,
in the darkened night,
of me and You

so speak to me of long romance,
of those that come and go,
i'll wait for you in wish and chance,
and time will only flow,

beyond that hill that keeps us two,
that stalls the time of me and You,
and on this rock of faith i'll stay,
until the sunset breaks across day,

forever isn't such a long time,
when waiting for the divine,
the love that lasts isn't "now",
it always will be and has been,
so the mortal soul can only try
to avoid that faithless sin,

that we call despair,
we wait, we share,
we love and hope,
that "once upon a time",
they spoke,

we'll sing to all of long romance,
of times that came and went,
and the patient love that came to us,
and say it's heaven sent.

without a chance,

there's nothing kept,

so sing and hope,

and know you've wept,

and waited once upon a time.

and you'll remember long romance,
of lives that grew and died,
and in the end it was worth the wait,
and knowing that you tried.

sing of long romance.

1 comment:

My Fookin' "About Me" Section

My photo
Charleston, SC, United States
Call me "ish" I am returning to school to gain a degree and make a better life for myself and those I love. I feel that art, in all it's forms, reflects the human condition in ways that nothing else can.